MSL 2007-2008: The best possible formations for Perak

SPONSORED LINKS

I have been meaning to post this for a very long time but I cannot do so earlier because it requires inputs from a few experts (local coaches with years of experience) in the field. I finally received all inputs from them early this morning and I would like to take this opportunity to thank them for taking the time to help me on this. Thanks guys!

Okay now… Based upon Perak’s current team lineup, the best possible formations for Perak are 4-5-1 and 4-4-1-1. Take note that both formations only have one strike option upfront. I have to explain this further so that you can understand why such formations are perhaps best for Perak at the moment.


Perak soccer fans should know that we have a new team. Our new Chilean imports and a few other new local players need time to adjust. Perak is in shambles in all departments at the moment. Our defense is weak and letting in soft goals; our midfield lost at sea and our strike force fired blanks and failed to capitalize on chances. Bad news for Perak and Stevie old Darby!

I have confidence in the 4-5-1 formation since it is a defensive formation but it can be turned into an attacking 4-3-3 formation pretty quickly. I feel that Perak must put more emphasis on strengthening our defenses at the moment. Perak can abandon this formation once we have a working team that understands each other and that will take some time.

As for our current strike force, both Jamlus and Caceres are not really good strikers. They are actually good centre forwards. Both positions have lots of difference. Good strikers are those that can run and sprint with the ball and create scoring chances. This is something Jamlus and Caceres did not have but I’m glad to say here today that Perak has a real good striker in Razali Umar Kandasamy (he has great potentials and Steve Darby should consider using him more often) and he has this feature in abundance. Jamlus and Caceres are good centre forwards with lethal first touch (sorry for over exaggerating); they can pounce on the ball and find scoring chances in tight situations. That is all Jamlus and Caceres (based on his past records) is really good at.

Knowing those two facts mentioned earlier, at least I can understand why the experts that I have consulted suggested 4-5-1 and 4-4-1-1 formations for Perak. Perak can capitalize on the strength of our two out-and-out centre forwards by using only one of them at a time in a 4-5-1 formation. In a 4-4-1-1 formation, Perak can push either Jamlus or Caceres upfront with Razali Umar Kandasamy as the roaming striker behind either one of them. Bear in mind that the 4-4-1-1 formation is also a fair defensive formation and Perak should benefit a lot from such defensive formations at the moment.

Well Steve old chap, I certainly hope that you are reading this post today. I know that you did not like people telling you what to do, your stubbornness and silly persistence is quite legendary. We all know about it. What I’m doing here today is for the sake of Perak and our soccer team. I do not expect Perak to win every tournament in the world, I do not expect Perak to win every game but I certainly want to see Perak fight like a fighter out there. With the right formations, Perak can certainly do that. I have faith in the team (not in Perak FA though) and I wish them all the best in future matches.

Tags: , , , ,

Please share this post with others. Thank You :)
You Should Also Read

2 comments (On Old Legacy Comment System):

Anonymous said...

Based on your tactical formation with one lone striker at forward, I have still my doubts about the scoring abilities of the Perak team.

What we need is an extra men at backline. 4 defenders will be better, instead of 3.

flush said...

i hope that this post can be published in the yob4ever website..